Welcome to the Toms River
Ocean County Chamber of Commerce
Promote locally owned businesses affected by Superstorm Sandy that are now open for business. Nominate one of your favorite community establishments impacted by Sandy that is now open for business. From April 1, 2013 through May 31, 2013, New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) will select two establishments as Business of the Day to be featured on NJNG’s Facebook page – facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas AND every day during the campaign, NJNG will give two prize winners each a $100 gift certificate to spend at one of the locally owned businesses that was featured as a Business of the Day, totaling $12,200 in prizes.
For more information please click here
For rules & regulations please click here
Yes, we are open for business!
Click on the image to see more
businesses on the Jersey Shore that open.
For more information click here!
To add the Logo to your website click here!
The Chamber offices, located at 1415 Hooper Avenue, Suite 301, Toms River, NJ operates as a full-service information and referral center.
The Toms River-Ocean County Chamber of Commerce mission is to foster economic growth and community well-being through development of the commercial, professional, industrial, educational, civic, cultural, recreational and general interest of the community.
Essential to achieve these goals are:
Involvement and participation in activities to create jobs and expansion of existing businesses; review public policy matters, legislative and regulatory issues; consistent delivery of member benefits and services; partnership with government, the military, education and other sectors, and to provide a referral service to the community and visitors.
Our Chamber is a voluntary non-profit organization made up of New Jersey businesses and professionals, working together to build a healthy economy and to improve life in our community.
Chamber Benefits & Services:
Our membership is currently over 475, membership in the chamber gives you the opportunity to meet and get to know the business leaders in the community. This is an excellent tool to promote your business!
There are numerous member services that the Chamber provides. The Chamber is first and foremost a lobbyist for its members. We lobbied very hard to get the Dover Township name changed to Toms River Township. Our staff and board members are active at both the state and local government levels. The Chamber’s concerns are always well represented! We have a fully staffed office referring your business to prospective customers. We have several committees that address the needs and concerns of the businesses we represent. We encourage your input and ideas. All members are welcome to join and attend any of our committee meetings.
The chamber provides the opportunity to network through the Toms River-Ocean County business community at regular networking meetings. At these meetings, speakers present relative business topics to the member. We also provide businesses regular after-hours networking events.
Benefits / and Promoting Your Business
- Referral Requests - only members are referred to callers seeking providers of goods and services.
- Chamber Plaque - demonstrates to customers your dedication to our business community.
- Special Ceremonies - the Chamber can assist with ribbon cutting and ground breaking.
- Newsletter - Inside information for members-New members listed. Published by the Ocean County Woman; In-house Newsletter: The Chamber Insider
- Free Email Blast to over 650 email addresses to all NEW CHAMBER MEMBERS ($150.00 per blast for Existing members with current paid membership)
- Member Directory-your company listed by category on our website with a link to your businesses website.
- Advertising Opportunities - Newsletter, Web Site, Good Life/Business Directory, and Visitor’s Guide.
- Free Membership in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Federation (for small businesses).
- Breakfast & Luncheon Meetings - Mini trade shows - Attend informative seminars and scheduled networking functions.
- Business Education - seminars on small business management.
- Business After Hours - Networking opportunities and the opportunity to meet with prospective customers.
- Annual Golf Outing - Enjoy a fabulous round of golf with the decision - makers of our area followed by a great meal and wonderful prizes!
- Annual Business Expo - Showcase your business to the major and local buyers of our town and area.
- Annual Awards Reception - Outstanding citizen/organization of the year honored and installation of New Officers.
- Sponsorship opportunities available throughout the year for certain events: Golf Outing, Annual Awards Reception, Luncheon Meetings, Business After Hours, etc.
Economic Development / Advocacy
- The Chamber serves as the primary business advocate for the business community.
- Encourages new business in our area.
Governmental Affairs - We represent you
- We oppose any new taxes.
- We scrutinize the spending of tax dollars at the state and local levels to assess any proposal for tax increases.
- We link with other business advocacy groups to keep abreast of legislative issues, which may affect our members.
- We take proactive positions on legislation, which has an impact on our area businesses.
- We foster relationships with elected officials.
- We act as the “voice of business” and lobby on behalf of our businesses.